I am a huge fan of the midi skirt for many reasons. It’s a great length for the cooler months, they are easy to wear; you don’t have to worry about bending because they cover most of your leg, and they are still super sexy if you wear them with a slight heel
I found the midi-skirt of my dreams this summer while shopping in New York, and would wear it every day if I had my way.
How to Style
Fuller midi-skirts look best with crop tops to keep your shape, but sometimes if you tuck the shirt just right you can make it work; however, I would almost always opt for a cropped jacket with any high-waisted midi-skirt to define your waist. As for shoes a slight heel, whether bootie or not, will always make the legs look just the right amount of sexy in your midi skirt, flat shoes if not done right can make you look short and stumpy.
Jacket: Nasty Gal $66
Top: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl’s
Tank: Forever $2.80
Skirt: Zara $60
Booties: Baker’s $60
Back to School Day 2.
Now that you know where-to shop, here’s the what-to shop guide for your upcoming desk days, in a snapshot of my favorite trends for this Back to School season.
- Midi Skirt. I just adore the midi skirt. It’s so different from what has been around lately, and feels fresh to wear. I found mine this season at Zara in a color that will transition perfect into fall, and add some much needed color to my closet.
PS stop back Friday to see how I styled mine
- Tulle. I’ve been searching for a tulle skirt for the longest time and finally found one this summer in NYC. They are simply adorable and so much fun to wear. I plan on pairing mine with some chunky boots and a leather jacket to toughen up the look.
- Statement Necklace. The bigger the better in this case. If you have a neutral colored wardrobe like mine colorful statement necklaces are a way to brighten it up… and make a statement. I have been seeing them everywhere lately from specialty boutiques to Target.
- Metallic Shoes. This summer I think everyone in my office had a pair of metallic shoes, and they are here to stay for fall. Think of metallic as a neutral and wear them with EVERYTHING! I found an awesome pair of sandals at Kohl’s, but if you are looking for school shoes I would opt for a pair of flats.
- Chunky Boots. They are a must have for the winters in the Mid-West, and since the 90’s are having a comeback the Dr. Marten style boots are your must-haves for the fall. I love my Docs I bought at the beginning of last fall and plan to wear them for many years to come.
Posted in Stalking Style
Tagged BCBGMAXAZRIA, Fashion, Jeffrey Campbell, Junya Watanabe, outfits, Polaroid, polyvore, schooltrends, Style, T.U.K., trends, Zara