Back to School Day 2.
Now that you know where-to shop, here’s the what-to shop guide for your upcoming desk days, in a snapshot of my favorite trends for this Back to School season.
- Midi Skirt. I just adore the midi skirt. It’s so different from what has been around lately, and feels fresh to wear. I found mine this season at Zara in a color that will transition perfect into fall, and add some much needed color to my closet.
PS stop back Friday to see how I styled mine
- Tulle. I’ve been searching for a tulle skirt for the longest time and finally found one this summer in NYC. They are simply adorable and so much fun to wear. I plan on pairing mine with some chunky boots and a leather jacket to toughen up the look.
- Statement Necklace. The bigger the better in this case. If you have a neutral colored wardrobe like mine colorful statement necklaces are a way to brighten it up… and make a statement. I have been seeing them everywhere lately from specialty boutiques to Target.
- Metallic Shoes. This summer I think everyone in my office had a pair of metallic shoes, and they are here to stay for fall. Think of metallic as a neutral and wear them with EVERYTHING! I found an awesome pair of sandals at Kohl’s, but if you are looking for school shoes I would opt for a pair of flats.
- Chunky Boots. They are a must have for the winters in the Mid-West, and since the 90’s are having a comeback the Dr. Marten style boots are your must-haves for the fall. I love my Docs I bought at the beginning of last fall and plan to wear them for many years to come.
Posted in Stalking Style
Tagged BCBGMAXAZRIA, Fashion, Jeffrey Campbell, Junya Watanabe, outfits, Polaroid, polyvore, schooltrends, Style, T.U.K., trends, Zara
Yes you read that right, I have officially re-located to New York City for the summer. I have been here for almost three weeks now interning as part of the the accessories styling team at Bluefly. If you have ever shopped their site you know I am working with the most beautiful accessories and clothes: Fendi, Prada, Christian Louboutin, Dior, and many more. And yes I do get a discount on it all, and double yes I am treating myself to something beautiful at the end of the summer!
I am going into my fourth week of work and I have already learned so much; we have photo shoots at least once a week and it is incredible to see everything come together, and even more incredible I get to be a part of it.
Along with being the best intern 4 days a week, my other goal in coming here was to explore this city… this city I have dreamed about for years. I am obviously doing a lot of shopping while I’m here, looking for a couple perfect pieces to update my wardrobe. I have already been to three sample sales, and found a colorful Equipment sleeveless top for $25, and a Helmut Lang grey stylish sweatshirt for $40.
Sushi + Bryant Park = My Dream
New York known for their shopping and fashion is also known for their food. One of the first places on my list of food to-do’s was Little Italy. The second weekend I was here, my roommate and I made the hike down for some delicious pasta and wine (and I’m taking my mom and aunt there this weekend YUM AGAIN). What might be my favorite part of the New York food scene is the outdoor eating; whether it’s sitting at a little café outdoors or taking your lunch to Bryant park and eating on the steps.
Other than that I have just been getting settled in to my New, New York life. My mom and aunt are coming in less than a week and my boyfriend is coming in less than 2 weeks; I will have more New York tourist-y photos to share with you then.
Hope you are all having a fabulous summer. -Rachel Jean