Back to School Day 2.
Now that you know where-to shop, here’s the what-to shop guide for your upcoming desk days, in a snapshot of my favorite trends for this Back to School season.
- Midi Skirt. I just adore the midi skirt. It’s so different from what has been around lately, and feels fresh to wear. I found mine this season at Zara in a color that will transition perfect into fall, and add some much needed color to my closet.
PS stop back Friday to see how I styled mine
- Tulle. I’ve been searching for a tulle skirt for the longest time and finally found one this summer in NYC. They are simply adorable and so much fun to wear. I plan on pairing mine with some chunky boots and a leather jacket to toughen up the look.
- Statement Necklace. The bigger the better in this case. If you have a neutral colored wardrobe like mine colorful statement necklaces are a way to brighten it up… and make a statement. I have been seeing them everywhere lately from specialty boutiques to Target.
- Metallic Shoes. This summer I think everyone in my office had a pair of metallic shoes, and they are here to stay for fall. Think of metallic as a neutral and wear them with EVERYTHING! I found an awesome pair of sandals at Kohl’s, but if you are looking for school shoes I would opt for a pair of flats.
- Chunky Boots. They are a must have for the winters in the Mid-West, and since the 90’s are having a comeback the Dr. Marten style boots are your must-haves for the fall. I love my Docs I bought at the beginning of last fall and plan to wear them for many years to come.
Posted in Stalking Style
Tagged BCBGMAXAZRIA, Fashion, Jeffrey Campbell, Junya Watanabe, outfits, Polaroid, polyvore, schooltrends, Style, T.U.K., trends, Zara
Holding on to the last days of summer, we know in the near future we will be sitting in desks taking notes. But think of how cute you will look taking those notes after you complete your first homework assignment of year:
Get new clothes!
Though my back to school shopping was all summer in New York, here is the a list of the stores I always hit up before going back to school.
The Where-To B2S Shopping guide
- Tops: The best places to find unique tops to update your school wardrobe are thrift and resale stores. You will be rocking one of kind pieces this year.
- Denim: I always love a good pair of Levi’s for school, and I always find that good pair at the Levi’s outlet (which also has ever better deals). This school year I’m on the hunt for dark wash high-rise jeans and mom jeans. Don’t forget Levi’s also sells great staple denim tops and jackets.
- Jeans: Another place I love to shop my basic [insert favorite denim style here] is American Eagle Outfitters. For me it’s the skinny jean. Right before school starts they always have the Under $30 jean sale.
PS it’s happening now.
- Bag: It’s always nice to splurge a little when B2S shopping, personally I like to splurge on the bag, because it’s something I use every day for that year (and sometimes many years to come). The best B2S bag, in my opinion, is a leather Coach purse. But you still need money for your other B2S shopping, so check out the Coach outlet store; I usually find bags around $100.
B2S Basics Shopping Guide
- Basic T’s @ Kohl’s. Stop in store for more color options.
- Layering Pieces @ Forever 21, I just stocked up on tanks in nude, white and black for the school year.
- Basics @ H&M. They have just about everything basic you could ever need from cardigans to skirts to maxi dresses.
Hope you enjoy your B2S Shopping.
Posted in Stalking Style
Tagged american eagle, b2s, back to school, back to school shopping, back to school shopping guide, coach, coach purse, H&M, kohls. forever 21, shopping, Thrifting
1. The Purse. What holds everything. I bought this bag before I came to New York specifically for the trip. There’s always a reason to buy a new bag. I did really need a cross-body bag with a zip closure to keep be safe in the big apple. The size is also perfect to fit everything I need for work (and shopping), but it isn’t bulky for walking the crowded streets.
2. Sunnies. This city is hot and sunny in the summer, these are a must.
3. Wallet. I always carry a little (very little) amount of cash with me. There’s also a credit card for emergencies, my ID, and the fabulous metro card… I say that sarcastically because I hate the subway.
4. EOS. Best chapstick in the world.
5. Tic-Tac. I either carry these or gum with me for after lunch.
6. Pepper Spray. What can I say, this is New York.
7. Ibuprofen. These are a must to survive life anywhere sometimes.
8. iPhone & Headphones. The walk to work is about a mile, music makes it go faster. An app that has saved my life and my wallet this summer is NYC Subway, it helps to navigate the subway system easily.
Purse: Coach Outlet $100
Sunnies: Marc by Marc Jacobs $40 Belle & Clive
Wallet: Pacsun $12 (very old)