Desk Days #3
Mornings are not my thing, and when you’re up late studying you want to sleep in as much as possible during the flash card filled days. Here is my quick morning make-up routines for days I only have 5 minutes.
- Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder. It’s light-weight but gives the perfect amount of coverage over my foundation. Some days I just dust some of this on my face if I’m really in a hurry.
- CK One Color Mascara & Victoria’s Secret Eye Liner. A little mascara every morning makes a huge difference in making your eyes look open & awake. If you have time add a little eye liner for a more dramatic look.
- Benefit Big Easy BB Cream. These all in one BB or CC creams are the best! They have everything in them: your foundation, SPF plus they are lightweight. The all-in-one part is what make them a must-have for your morning school routine.
- Beauty Rush Lip Gloss & Chap Stick. Lip gloss is something you can swipe on in a second and easily re-apply all day while giving you a little extra something, something on your lips. Before lip gloss always swipe on some chap stick, I have these little blue tubes laying all over the house, but in my purse I carry EOS.
- Straighter & Bobbi Pins. A few swipes through my hair and I am good to go in the morning. I usually throw my bangs up with bobbi pins so they are out of my face for busy days.
Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder: Sephora $46
Victoria’s Secret Eye Liner: Victoria’s Secret $12
CK One Color Mascara: Ulta $18
Benefit Big Easy BB Cream: Ulta $38
Beauty Rush Lip Gloss: Victoria’s Secret 4/$20
Back to School Day 2.
Now that you know where-to shop, here’s the what-to shop guide for your upcoming desk days, in a snapshot of my favorite trends for this Back to School season.
- Midi Skirt. I just adore the midi skirt. It’s so different from what has been around lately, and feels fresh to wear. I found mine this season at Zara in a color that will transition perfect into fall, and add some much needed color to my closet.
PS stop back Friday to see how I styled mine
- Tulle. I’ve been searching for a tulle skirt for the longest time and finally found one this summer in NYC. They are simply adorable and so much fun to wear. I plan on pairing mine with some chunky boots and a leather jacket to toughen up the look.
- Statement Necklace. The bigger the better in this case. If you have a neutral colored wardrobe like mine colorful statement necklaces are a way to brighten it up… and make a statement. I have been seeing them everywhere lately from specialty boutiques to Target.
- Metallic Shoes. This summer I think everyone in my office had a pair of metallic shoes, and they are here to stay for fall. Think of metallic as a neutral and wear them with EVERYTHING! I found an awesome pair of sandals at Kohl’s, but if you are looking for school shoes I would opt for a pair of flats.
- Chunky Boots. They are a must have for the winters in the Mid-West, and since the 90’s are having a comeback the Dr. Marten style boots are your must-haves for the fall. I love my Docs I bought at the beginning of last fall and plan to wear them for many years to come.
Posted in Stalking Style
Tagged BCBGMAXAZRIA, Fashion, Jeffrey Campbell, Junya Watanabe, outfits, Polaroid, polyvore, schooltrends, Style, T.U.K., trends, Zara
Holding on to the last days of summer, we know in the near future we will be sitting in desks taking notes. But think of how cute you will look taking those notes after you complete your first homework assignment of year:
Get new clothes!
Though my back to school shopping was all summer in New York, here is the a list of the stores I always hit up before going back to school.
The Where-To B2S Shopping guide
- Tops: The best places to find unique tops to update your school wardrobe are thrift and resale stores. You will be rocking one of kind pieces this year.
- Denim: I always love a good pair of Levi’s for school, and I always find that good pair at the Levi’s outlet (which also has ever better deals). This school year I’m on the hunt for dark wash high-rise jeans and mom jeans. Don’t forget Levi’s also sells great staple denim tops and jackets.
- Jeans: Another place I love to shop my basic [insert favorite denim style here] is American Eagle Outfitters. For me it’s the skinny jean. Right before school starts they always have the Under $30 jean sale.
PS it’s happening now.
- Bag: It’s always nice to splurge a little when B2S shopping, personally I like to splurge on the bag, because it’s something I use every day for that year (and sometimes many years to come). The best B2S bag, in my opinion, is a leather Coach purse. But you still need money for your other B2S shopping, so check out the Coach outlet store; I usually find bags around $100.
B2S Basics Shopping Guide
- Basic T’s @ Kohl’s. Stop in store for more color options.
- Layering Pieces @ Forever 21, I just stocked up on tanks in nude, white and black for the school year.
- Basics @ H&M. They have just about everything basic you could ever need from cardigans to skirts to maxi dresses.
Hope you enjoy your B2S Shopping.
Posted in Stalking Style
Tagged american eagle, b2s, back to school, back to school shopping, back to school shopping guide, coach, coach purse, H&M, kohls. forever 21, shopping, Thrifting