I am a huge fan of the midi skirt for many reasons. It’s a great length for the cooler months, they are easy to wear; you don’t have to worry about bending because they cover most of your leg, and they are still super sexy if you wear them with a slight heel
I found the midi-skirt of my dreams this summer while shopping in New York, and would wear it every day if I had my way.
How to Style
Fuller midi-skirts look best with crop tops to keep your shape, but sometimes if you tuck the shirt just right you can make it work; however, I would almost always opt for a cropped jacket with any high-waisted midi-skirt to define your waist. As for shoes a slight heel, whether bootie or not, will always make the legs look just the right amount of sexy in your midi skirt, flat shoes if not done right can make you look short and stumpy.
Jacket: Nasty Gal $66
Top: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl’s
Tank: Forever $2.80
Skirt: Zara $60
Booties: Baker’s $60
Desk Days #3
Mornings are not my thing, and when you’re up late studying you want to sleep in as much as possible during the flash card filled days. Here is my quick morning make-up routines for days I only have 5 minutes.
- Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder. It’s light-weight but gives the perfect amount of coverage over my foundation. Some days I just dust some of this on my face if I’m really in a hurry.
- CK One Color Mascara & Victoria’s Secret Eye Liner. A little mascara every morning makes a huge difference in making your eyes look open & awake. If you have time add a little eye liner for a more dramatic look.
- Benefit Big Easy BB Cream. These all in one BB or CC creams are the best! They have everything in them: your foundation, SPF plus they are lightweight. The all-in-one part is what make them a must-have for your morning school routine.
- Beauty Rush Lip Gloss & Chap Stick. Lip gloss is something you can swipe on in a second and easily re-apply all day while giving you a little extra something, something on your lips. Before lip gloss always swipe on some chap stick, I have these little blue tubes laying all over the house, but in my purse I carry EOS.
- Straighter & Bobbi Pins. A few swipes through my hair and I am good to go in the morning. I usually throw my bangs up with bobbi pins so they are out of my face for busy days.
Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder: Sephora $46
Victoria’s Secret Eye Liner: Victoria’s Secret $12
CK One Color Mascara: Ulta $18
Benefit Big Easy BB Cream: Ulta $38
Beauty Rush Lip Gloss: Victoria’s Secret 4/$20